literaryetc

Patriot Secrets
Jerri Hines
The Sweetest Revenge
Dawn Halliday

Hold Me Down Hard (Entangled Flirts)

Hold Me Down Hard (Entangled Flirts) - Cathryn Fox Cathryn Fox’s Hold Me Down Hard is a novella and even though it’s a light read, it’s a sizzling page turner. By the end, you’ll be looking at a police uniform a little differently.Eden is an actress and keeps her feelings for her neighbor Jay a secret. With the help of her friends, they invent a scenario to get Jay to see Eden as more than a friend. On the other side of the hallway, Jay has a nightly ritual of checking in on Eden. He tries to convince himself it is because he’s a cop and not because of his growing feelings for her. When Eden convinces him to help her audition for an upcoming part she covets, Jay realizes he’s her ideal partner. Will Eden be able to seduce Jay or will he run to the nearest door when he realizes what she secretly desires?I have a couple favorite scenes, but I have to say the first time Eden and Jay go over her script had me laughing especially his remarks regarding Eden’s attempt at script writing. The chemistry between the two is sizzling and while we don’t have in-depth characterization, Fox establishes well round characters early on. Eden is a strong heroine and isn’t afraid to go after what she wants. Jay is protective towards her, but only because he’s a cop and he knows the world can be pretty ugly. He’s seen things most of us can only imagine.We can identify with Eden and the way people perceive us. How many of us have been told by friends that their initial overall impression was different from what it is now? Eden goes through that with Jay and he keeps her at arm’s length because she’s a farm girl from Iowa and he believes she deserves something he can’t give her. Of course when he attempts to give her what he thinks she needs, he fails. Things fall into place once they have a discussion on what they want. This was a big step for Eden because she’s been burned in the past. It was great seeing Jay step up to the plate and soothe her fears.I really enjoyed Hold Me Down Hard. If you’re looking for a quick hot read, this is your book.Review originally posted at Literary, etc.