literaryetc

Jerri Hines
The Sweetest Revenge
Dawn Halliday

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover Instead of a traditional review, I present you with the following: my attempt at a poem. Slam poetry plays a major role in Colleen Hoover’s Slammed. Everything touched upon in the poem is what I took from the novel. Please note the bold sections come directly from Lake’s poem, “Schooled,” and it’s the poem she reads Will regarding her feelings. You can read the full blurb here. I absolutely adore this book and I think you will too. “By a Book” I got schooled this year By a book A book that left me feeling Love, hope, and sadness I learned about life And about death How we wish we could plan And prevent But when he comes knocking We can’t pretend we’re not home We’d love to carve pumpkins And eat basgna all day But that’s just it We can deny and deny, but in the end We all dieI got schooled this year By a book A book about a girl Who meets a boy A boy who chose the Lake I learned to go out and be it When I miss to do my best I found a band to love To accept others And to never judge I learned to question To push boundaries To laugh and to love And to never regret I learned this in a book One I believe you should read I got schooled this year By the author Colleen Hoover By Will and Lake And by Eddie who in the end quite didn’t give a damn This book is Slammed.